The MBA in Sustainable Energy Management (MBA SEM) is the only one of its kind in the region. It is the vehicle for changing the mindset of citizens to move away from an oil and gas dependency. It encourages living in harmony with the environment in a sustainable fashion. It is a unique, innovative and student-focused programme, that is rigorous and relevant to the international sustainable energy movement.
The MBA SEM programme will provide you with the tools and capabilities required to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the planning, execution and monitoring of micro to large energy projects and organisations at local, regional, and international levels.
- Establish a framework for the development of regional clusters and diversification of the economy, especially in the context of reduced dependency on oil and gas revenues.
Benefits of the MBA SEM programme:
Our MBA SEM is one of the four (4) most innovative programmes in the world!
- The Association of MBAs (AMBA) recognised this programme with its prestigious MBA Innovation Award. This award is for MBA programmes that “are innovative in content and they have taken risks by introducing new ideas and concepts.” The Association of MBAs is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education. Their accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and MBM programmes.
- Authentic learning educational approach, which offers a holistic curriculum of practical courses and assignments that include problem-based learning strategies, projects, presentations, simulations, action learning and case teaching. Our programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to transform you into a leader in your field.
- Through case studies, simulations, and group activities, students will gain global insights into the key aspects of renewable energy.
- Energy, Safety and Environmental Consultants, Energy Policy Formulation Regulators, Energy Analysts, Energy Efficiency Advisors, Energy Marketing Officers, Energy Operations Managers, Energy Project Managers, Energy Auditors.
- Access to a prestigious MBA SEM Alumni Community. Our alumni have gone on to be successful in the industry, changing the paradigms of the oil and gas industry, and implementing innovative renewable energy initiatives.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Gain an understanding of evolving energy markets and the management of renewable energy resources.
A first degree with Honours from a recognised or accredited university plus three (3) years’ postgraduate working experience.
Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree, but have accumulated at least seven (7) years of relevant working experience in a managerial or supervisory position may be eligible through the mature entry route.
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Proficient and Internet Savvy)
- Personal Transformation and Professional Development (24 hours)
- Sustainable Development and Regulation of the Energy Industry (36 hours)
- Climate Change Issues and Environmental Impact Assessment for Energy Projects (36 hours)
- Research Methods (12 hours)
- Spanish for Business Development (36 hours)
- Global Macroeconomics and Regional Geopolitics of Energy (36 hours)
- Globalisation of Regional Renewable Energy Markets (36 hours)
- Spanish for Business Purposes
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Fundamentals of leadership
- International Marketing and Cross Cultural Management
- Insight Development and Innovative Product Development
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Practicum Begins
- Strategic Brand Management
- Digital and Social Marketing
- Practicum Continues
- Service, Non Profit and Government Marketing
- Marketing Analytics and Model for Marketing Strategy
- Practicum Completion