The Master of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (MBIDA) is designed for statisticians, computer science, management and business professionals who want to sophisticate business processes through integration of these fields. This programme is interdisciplinary and will prepare students from diverse backgrounds to become competent and multi-faceted data scientists and business analyst. The programme is very practical and will provide the knowledge, skills and tools to bridge the gap between computing and business and is directly applicable to any organisation.
The programme is very practical and will provide the knowledge, skills and tools to bridge the gap between computing and business and is directly applicable to any organisation.
Benefits of the Master Of Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
Throughout the programme students will:
- Differentiate amongst evidence-based techniques and harness the potential of analytics tools to provide insight in today’s data-rich environment.
- Apply key data-mining methods and address data challenges and opportunities.
- Contribute to the advancement of the field from knowing what exists.
- Undertake projects that align business intelligence and analytics with business objectives by planning for appropriate use of metrics, models and methods.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of relevant application of analytics tools. • Gain skills of communication, problem- solving, pitching and manipulating data and tools.
- Adhere to the tenets of evidence-based decision-making and convergent-thinking to yield new knowledge and insights and guide decision making.
- Appreciate the power of analytics and influence its use in strategic decision-making in the companies in which you work.
Academic Entry Route
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with at least Upper Second class honours
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with Lower Second class honours and two (2) years’ experience working in a corporate environment, statistics, data-analytics or IT related field.
Mature Entry Route
Candidates who do not hold formal university degrees but possess professional and/or academic certification, along with a record of at least five (5) years of active and extensive professional experience in the field of statistics or a data analytics profession may be considered for the Non-degree route.
Candidates who have completed the Professional Certificate in Business Analytics, Data Science and Decision-Making at the Lok Jack GSB will also be eligible to access the Masters programme through the mature entry route.
Who can apply?
University Graduates with a good grounding in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, engineering, economics or business.
Industry practitioners from Government, NGO, and the private sector. Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Credit Analysts, Product or Brand Managers, Functional Directors or Line Managers, Information and Technology Administrators and Managers, Knowledge Officers and Programmers, Statisticians, Economists, Plant or Operations Engineers, as well as persons who function on the business side of the ICT sector, including Account Executives, Professional Service Providers and Business Owners.
To start your application
Send the following documents to email@example.com
- Updated CV – Copy of your Academic certificates and Transcripts
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
An Admissions Advisor will guide you through the complete admissions process.