Boards are deeply involved in financial and strategic choices and the impact on the performance of companies. However, most boards are in flux and still not living up to their potential of providing truly good governance – that is – governance that doesn’t just prevent misdeeds or scandals but actually improves and adds value to the organization. This professional certificate provides the guidance boards and individual directors need to go from being merely active and in full compliance to making an important contribution to the business. With practical content and experienced facilitators, it offers participants a solid approach to transitioning to the next step in their evolution, becoming a competitive advantage to their companies.
The Corporate governance framework should promote transparent and efficient markets, be consistent with the rule of law and clearly articulate the division of responsibilities among different supervisory, regulatory and enforcement authorities. This module provides a clear overview on how a corporate governance framework works effectively within a company as well as explains the benefits associated with good corporate governance practices. Ethical challenges and how these are addressed through a model code of ethics is also covered.
- Business case for Corporate Governance
- Legal & Regulatory Framework
- The role of Ethics in governance
- Standards, principles and codes
- Ownership & Business Models
- Board Functions & Responsibilities
- January – April 2018
- Time: 9am – 4pm
- Cost per participant is inclusive of all training materials and certificate.
- Venue: Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Business
- Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway North West
- Coordinator: Umesh Sookoo ext.
- Tel: 645-6700 Fax: 662-1411
- Email: email@example.com