Drive strategic decisions that lead to increased revenue, business sustainability and efficient management of an organization’s supply chain.
MBA ITLP Overview
The MBA ITLP is designed to bridge the competency gap necessary to meet internationally accredited management standards in the areas of international trade, logistics and procurement to help students become more competitive in the global marketplace.
The programme equips and prepares global, transformational leaders in both private and public sectors, with the tools and capabilities required to:
- Make strategic decisions that lead to increase revenue, sustainability of a business and better efficiency of an organization’s supply chain.
- Lead change within organizations to ensure operations are of international standards and meeting customers’ demands.
- Negotiate contractual agreements and become innovative as markets are changing rapidly.
This programme is globally accredited and recognized by the
Association of MBAs (AMBA), the global standard for all MBA programmes.
Benefits of the MBA ITLP
- Only programme of its kind in the Caribbean
- First hand exposure to materials from the Centre for Advanced Supply Chain Management (University of Miami) and the World Trade Organization, Geneva.
- International exposure – through case studies, simulations
- “Authentic Learning” teaching & learning approach, which provides practical courses, assignments, real and actual project-based and problem-based learning activities and presentations that will enhance your knowledge and skills that can be implemented in your organization
- Exporter, Importer manager, Trade specialist, Logistics specialist and managers, Procurement specialist and managers, Supply Chain Managers, Supervisor for Caribbean markets
MBA ITLP Alumni Community
- Alumni of the MBA ITLP programme are managers and/or supervisors in
private and public-sector companies working with local companies and
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Locally accredited by Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Institutional accreditation
- GATE Funding available for eligible individuals
- UWI-Lok Jack GSB community with more than 2,000 alumni Featured alumni
- Local and International Faculty o Academic Faculty who have done extensive research in business education internationally
- Practioners who are business owners and have successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasp concepts for each area of business in this specialty
- Networking opportunities
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent Alumni
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services § International Study Trip
- Access the UWI´s Facilities (Library, Study rooms, etc. – include here what they actually have access to)
Lead change within organizations to ensure operations are of international standards
A Bachelors’ Degree with lower Second Class Honours or a minimum GPA of 2.0 in any social science discipline, engineering, humanities, natural sciences or any relevant area of study from a recognised university
Three (3) years’ post graduate work experience
Professional and/or academic certification such as ACCA level 1 or 2/Executive Diploma/Certificate programmes.
Seven years’ experience at the management/supervisory levels in international trade, exports, logistics or procurement sector
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Proficient and Internet Savvy)
The 24 month programme is comprised of:
- 13 core courses
- 7 Workshops and Seminars
- Practicum (group based)
- International Study Trip (optional)
The academic year is broken into three trimesters
- January to April, May to August, September to December
- Exams and/or assessments in April, August and December
- Class participation is mandatory and there is an 80% class attendance requirement.
- Preparation for Authentic Learning (24h)
- International Trade, Development & Global Integration (48h)
- International Taxation, Treaties and Fiscal Regimes (36h)
- Risk Analysis & Logistical Analytics (12h)
- Export Strategy Formulation & Execution
- Export Financing, Economics & Costing (36h)
- Fundamentals of Leadership (36h)
- Financing, Economics, Cost Modelling and Pricing Analytics (12h)
- Environmental Logistics (36h)
- Sustainable Global Logistics: Transport, Risk & Future Issues (36h)
- Research Methods (12h)
- Foreign Language (non-credit)
- Business & Industrial Marketing (36h)
- Organisational Behaviour & Cross-Cultural Management (36h)
- Practicum Commencement
- Developing & Managing Supplier/Buyer Relationships (12h)
- Operations Supply Chain Management (36h)
- Procurement Strategy, Implementation & Control (36h)
- Practicum Continues
- Negotiations (12h)
- E-exporting & E-procurement (12h)
- Procurement Contracts & Negotiations (36h)
- Innovative Procurement & Best Practices (36h)
- Practicum Completion & Presentation