The MSMEM is a 20-month (blended) part-time programme borne out of an evident need for entrepreneurship in the Caribbean region, as documented in a number of national and regional studies in recent years. In response, the UWI Lok Jack GSB, in collaboration with several commercial banks, business leaders and policymakers, created this programme to bridge the entrepreneurship gap, thereby making the region’s economies more sustainable.
The programme is designed to:
- Empower existing and future business owners
- Teach students how to create opportunities to excel in today’s highly competitive marketplace
- Expose students to a globalized environment
Benefits of MSMEM:
- Flexible & Accessible as you can access classes from anywhere in the world, all you need is an internet connection.
- 100% Practical, there are no exams and your business is your project
- Succession; legacy planning where you build your business for future generations.
- “Authentic Learning” teaching & learning approach, which provides practical courses, assignments, real and actual project-based and problem-based learning activities and presentations that will enhance your knowledge and skills that can be implemented in your organization
- Student Outcome
- Consultant for Small and Medium Businesses, Expansion of Business,
- MSMEM Alumni Community
- Alumni for the MSMEM programme are business owners who are seeking personal development and growth for their business.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Locally accredited by Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Institutional accreditation
- GATE Funding available for eligible individuals
- UWI-Lok Jack GSB community with more than 2,000 alumni Featured alumni
- Local and International Faculty o Academic Faculty who have done extensive research in business education internationally
- Practioners who are business owners and have successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasp concepts for each area of business in this specialty
- Networking opportunities/li>
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent Alumni
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services § International Study Trip
- Access the UWI´s Facilities (Library, Study rooms, etc. – include here what they actually have access to)
Expose students to a globalized environment
- First degree with Honours from a recognized university
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience, including self-employment.
- Professional certificate
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience, including self-employment
The MSMEM programme comprises:
- 13 online core courses
- 3 face to face workshops.
Classes for core courses will be conducted online and students will have the opportunity to interact with classmates and professors in our virtual lecture room. The session will be recorded and uploaded to our e-learning platform and available at your convenience. Mandatory workshops will be conducted face-to-face – which means that you will need to make the required arrangements to attend in the nearest territory (if it becomes necessary as it may not be held in your own country).
- International and Caribbean Business Environment – 36 hours
- Introduction to Management – 36 hours
- Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting – 36 hours
- Workshops –
- Professional Development Team Building -8Hours
- Orientation to Online Learning @ Lok Jack GSB
- 8 Hours
- Small Business Financial Management – 36 hours
- Managing People at Work – 36 hours
- Commercial Law – 36 hours
- Pricing and Credit Decision – 36 hours
- Operations and Supply Chain Management – 36 hours
- Workshop – Market Research – 16 Hours
- Customer Relationship Management – 36 hours
- Marketing Management – 36 hours
- Network Management for Small Enterprises – 36 hours
- Growing the Business – 36 hours