The IMSM experience is for students who look beyond traditional educational boundaries. It is ‘cutting edge’ in both purpose and substance and will help you to develop the requisite skills to take on the role of marketing management, in a variety of organizations. Our programme addresses the complex issues that face marketing managers in the 21st Century. It focuses on marketing strategy and management within the context of global and international markets. You will learn how to evaluate cultural differences and to enhance your marketing skills in developing and implementing marketing strategies and decision making in an international context.
Benefits of the IMSM
- Draw on the research interests of the marketing faculty
- Addresses the forces underlying the development of international business, and the unique challenges that exist when entering the global marketplace, and how to understand and overcome them.
- Deepen and advance the student’s understanding of core marketing theories and concepts.
- Balance theory with practical application
- Systematically develop key business skills including group work skills, management skills and presentation skills.
- Gain expertise in international marketing, including strategic thinking and all the skills required to become a success in a chosen marketing career.
- Ensure students acquire competencies in the areas of marketing strategy and tactics, research, and analyzing, interpreting and applying data. Graduates will be able to help develop effective marketing strategies based upon the analysis and interpretation of this marketing data.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Locally accredited by Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Institutional accreditation
- GATE Funding available for eligible individuals
- UWI-Lok Jack GSB community with more than 2,000 alumni o Featured alumni
- Local and International Faculty o Academic Faculty who have done extensive research in business education internationally
- Practioners who are business owners and have successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasp concepts for each area of business in this specialty
- Networking opportunities/
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent Alumni
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services § International Study Trip
- Access the UWI´s Facilities (Library, Study rooms, etc. – include here what they actually have access to)
Gain expertise in international marketing, including strategic thinking and all the skills required to become a success in a chosen marketing career.
- Academic Entry: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least a Lower Second Class Honours or 2.0 GPA.
- At least 2yrs work experience in the public, private or social sectors
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Proficient and Internet Savvy)
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Strategic Marketing
- Business Communication & Case Analysis techniques
- Personal Development and Team Review
- Marketing Management
- Market Research
- Human Behaviour in a Social Environment
- Introduction to Finance & Accounting
- Fundamentals of CRM
- Excel & Access for Business
- Core Courses:
- Organization Behaviour
- Selling and Sales force Management
- Spanish for Business Purposes
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Fundamentals of leadership
- International Marketing and Cross Cultural Management
- Insight Development and Innovative Product Development
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Practicum begins
- Strategic Brand Management
- Digital and Social Marketing
- Practicum continues
- Service, Non Profit and Government Marketing
- Marketing Analytics and Model for Marketing Strategy
- Practicum Completion