In recent years, organizations have been grappling with relatively high rates of unscheduled absenteeism. Most employers view this trend as worrisome since this has a direct impact on productivity and costs. Product/service or project delivery may be delayed, customer satisfaction may lag, sales may be lost, employee morale may fall, key employees may get frustrated and leave…the indirect costs of absenteeism can be significant and long-lasting.
This workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to assess the root causes of absenteeism and to develop strategies to address this emerging trend
Upon completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Develop a clearer understanding of the impact that absenteeism has on the organization’s capacity to achieve its strategic objectives;
- Gain insights into the relationship between organizational and management culture and employee commitment;
- Develop strategies to engage employees more meaningfully; Apply proactive methods to build compliance.
- Date: Friday 8th December, 2017
- Time: 9am – 4pm
- Cost per participant is inclusive of all training materials, lunch, refreshments and certificate.
- Venue: Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Business
- Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway North West
- Coordinator: Contact: Brent Cassim ext. 330 | Shadell Haywood ext. 149
- Tel: 645-6700 Fax: 662-1411
- Email: email@example.com